Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Emilia's 14 month update











So much has happened since my last post I don't even know where to start! Emilia is now 14 months old and I know I mentioned in her 9 month update that I wanted her to stay that age forever but that's because I didn't know her at 14 months. This is seriously the most fun we've had yet!

Walking 
I now have a professional walker or should I say runner! At around 9 months Emilia started using furniture and anything she could pull herself up on to walk around. At 11 months she built up enough confidence to take her first steps on her own. She was a bit wobbly for the first few weeks but now she whizzes around everywhere at 100 miles an hour.

Language
She can only say a few recognizable words but she's constantly babbling and experimenting with different sounds. She understands so much more then she can actually say, for example if I say to her ''where is Layla?'' (her baby doll) she will point to her or go and pick her up. Or if I say ''where are mamas shoes?'' she will point to my shoes or ''where are Emilia's shoes?'' she will point to her shoes. Her favourite game is walking around with us and pointing to different objects and wanting us to tell her what they are, she then tries to imitate the word we are saying.
We are raising her bilingual, I speak to her only in English and Rob speaks to her only in German as we want her to be fully immersed in both languages. Right now she is understanding a little in both languages but definitely more in English as she spends more of her time with me. Her Oma and Opa speak to her in a mixture of German and Polish and her aunty (Robs sister) who is deaf has started teaching her sign language so her little brain must be working overtime trying to process all of this information. I do worry a little sometimes that all these languages might be confusing her too much, but everything I read about raising children with multiple language reassures me that we are doing the right thing. Toddlers brains are like sponges and they are capable of leaning far more at this age than we could ever imagine. I am so interested to see how Emilia's languages progress.

Personality
Emilia's such a happy, friendly, confident little girl and I just love her spirit. She has always been a really cuddly baby but recently she has started coming up to me out of the blue and giving me kisses and cuddles which is pretty much the best gift I could ever receive! I have also caught her giving her baby doll little kisses and rocking her in her arms which is the sweetest thing ever. I hope she always stays so kind and loving.

Antoinette x

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

Gorgeous momma and babe, okay, TODDLER! She is beautiful! And her mullet? I WISH Mia's mullet looked like Emilia's! The CURLS!! They kill me!

Beate said...

Your daughter is so adorable. I love all the wonderful pictures! So happy to hear you're doing great :)