Saturday, April 27, 2013

Finally an update

I've had a little break from bloggy world and I think I owe you all a big photo update. Emilia will be 4 months old in a week and is getting cuter and more hilarious by the day. My mum has been staying with us from New Zealand for the last month which has been absolutely amazing. We got to spend much needed quality time together and I know Emilia loved having her grandma Maree around. Mum left a few days ago and we are all missing her so much.

Here's whats been going on in our world.....

Our little girl is just hilarious and so full of character and personality. I love it when she pokes that little tongue out at me!
Emilia and her grandma Maree (mum) are like two peas in a pod. It was such an special, emotional time when they meet each other in person for the first time at Frankfurt airport.  Emilia was completely taken by mum and it was like she automatically knew she was her grandma.  I get all teary eyed looking at this photo of them together. 
It's meant to be playtime with mama but papa has stolen the show again. 


Mum got to join us for Easter lunch at my in-laws. Polish food is sooo delicious!

Emilia was Baptist in the very same church that Rob and I were married in two and a half years ago. It was such a special day.
Emilia's baptism day was full of traditions. She wore the same dress that mum wore on her baptism day over 60 years ago! My sister and I also wore this same dress when we were baptisd. She looked so beautiful. 
Emilias Oma bought her this gorgeous little crochet hat which matched perfectly with her baptism gown. 


Three generations. 

This was about the 100th attempt of trying to get a decent family photo and this was the best we could come up with. Emilia kept putting her hand in her mouth and all the pics Rob looked good in, I looked terrible in and versa. 

Emilia's New favourite thing is listening to me sing and play the guitar. She watches me intently and makes these adorable cooing  sounds like shes singing along.  Maybe I have a little future musician on my hands.  

Last week I turned 28. I can't believe i'm officially in my late 20's! eeeeh

It was a bitter sweet kinda birthday as my mum flew back to New Zealand later that evening and I was feeling quite emotional for the whole day. On the other hand I was so lucky to spend that day with 3 of my favourite people in the world, mum, Rob and Emilia. 

 Here's a pic of the delicious meal my hubby cooked me on my birthday. New Zealand lamb fillet, mint sauce, spicy pumpkin, caramelized pear and onions and baby spinich.  This was followed by mouth watering creme brulee. I'm a lucky girl! 
 Antoinette x


5 comments:

Rach said...

Awww these photos are so special. Emilia lpoked so beautiful in her baptism gown!

Rachel

Beate said...

Your daugther is simply adorable! :) Love all the pics. And it's so good to see you're so happy.

Midnight and Dawn said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your Mum :D That's great she got to spend some quality time with Emilia.
And what a beautiful baptism tradition your family has! It's so special that your daughter was able to be part of it.

LaynahRose said...

Her facial expressions kill me! Very cool that she was baptised in the same church you were married in.

Courtney B said...

I LOVED the update! Emilia is so perfect. Seriously, beautiful in every way. I love her! Ha ha :)
And happy very belated birthday!! I'm so glad you got to spend your day with your mom before she had to leave!